Nine Easy to Follow Tips for Spring Cleaning
SERVPRO Advice for Cleaning and Protecting
Spring cleaning can be done any time of the year, not just when the flowers start to bloom. By maintaining a clean and structurally sound home, you can mitigate water and fire damage and mold remediation.
1. Work from the top down. That means start cleaning in your Freeport home at the top of your house, for example, your second level, down to the bottom of your house. That way you are not dragging dirt and clutter throughout the clean parts of the home!
2. Keep it simple. Do one room at a time. This will give you feelings of satisfaction once you can see a completed space done. These little boosts will keep you energized and incentivize you to keep cleaning!!
3. To save you time and energy designate a spot for junk and clutter on each floor of your home. By doing so, you aren’t spending the time to go all the way out to dispose of your rubbish little by little. This will help to prevent the spread of fires if clutter and flammable materials are not present.
4. Multitasking is essential! So if you’re washing machine takes one hour utilize that time to do something else rather than just waiting for the cycle to finish.
5. Use rubber gloves during those big cleaning days. Harsh chemicals can damage your skin. Even SERVPRO technicians use protective clothing and gear for water removal and mold remediation. Work safe.
6. Know you limits. If you are capable of doing repairs, then we suggest DIY! But if not, don’t hesitate to call a professional. Overdoing it can cause more problems than you had. If you find a water leak or a hint of mold growth, call us to inspect the damage and restore your property before things get out of hand.
7. Think about the order you are going to clean things. For example, dust and clean surfaces before using the vacuum cleaner. If not, you’ll end up having to vacuum more than once. Make sure to have your HVAC system, especially the duct work, inspected at least every two years. SERVPRO of N. Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes & Washington can provide professional cleaning using HEPA filtration systems to mitigate mold spores, allergens, dust, and other debris from your system. This will improve your indoor air quality, IAQ.
8. Go at own your pace. Set aside the time so that you don’t feel rushed. Take breaks when you feel tired, hungry, or thirsty. Cleaning exposes you to harsh chemicals, dust, and allergens (not if we clean your ducts) causing you to feel dehydrated.
9. Make a list! Work out the logistics so that you are cleaning most efficiently. Keep an eye out for any abnormal structural damage and don't hesitate to call our SERVPRO professionals for an inspection at (850) 267-0746.