If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (850) 267-0746

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Damage & Space Heaters

11/17/2015 (Permalink)

Don't Let a Blue Mountain Beach Space Heater Cause Fire Damage

SERVPRO Provides Tips to Help Prevent Fire Damage Caused by Temporary Heating

When the weather is starting to cool off, you may get the urge to pull out your space heater. These heaters are useful for the amount of warmth they can put off without driving up your electric bill too much.  However, if not used following manufacturers' directions, they can be very dangerous. Please educate your family or employees on how to use space heaters correctly because, in recent years, space heaters have been involved in an estimated 57,100 home structure fires.

 Here are some tips for preventing Blue Mountain Beach fire damage to your home or condo using space heaters:

1. Place the heater on a hard, level surface, never place on a carpet or mattress.
2. Turn it off when you leave the house.
3. Keep it at least three ft from nearest object, more for drapes, curtains, or fabrics.
4. Avoid using extension cords; overloading may cause an electrical fire in the wall or the wire.
5. Place the space heater where small children or pets will not topple it.
6. Limit the use of these heaters if a brown-out occurs in your home.

Always handle with care and only when a space heater is cold. Never transport or move while it is still hot. If a fire occurs, remain calm and be careful of an electrical shock. Remember that SERVPRO of N. Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes & Washington is only a phone call away if you have a problem with water, mold, or fire damage to your property. Our goal is always to restore your home to its pre-loss condition "Like it never even happened." (850) 267-0746

Other News

View Recent Posts